This article explains how to customize the look and feel of your onboarding web portal.
A portal is like a homepage for the employee in the Onboard application which shows an overview of their profile, tasks assigned, etc. The contents of the portal are customizable and can vary from employee to employee based on the position, location or any other attribute of his profile. You can also create multiple portals for an employee.
Please note that only an HR Admin can create new portals. The customization of the portal can be done by the administrators assigned while creating the portal.
There are two steps of the process:
- Create a new portal.
- Customize the portal.
To create a new portal,
1. Go to the portals tab under the Onboard app.
2. Click on + icon to create a new portal.
3. Enter a title, add administrators and add assignees for the portal and click Save.
The next step is to customize the portal.
1. Select the portal from the list under portals tab.
2. Click the Edit button to customize the header and add widgets.
3. Click Edit Header to use company branding in the header of the portal or your custom logo, image, header color in the portal.
4. Also, you can add different types of widgets to be shown on the portal. The various types of widgets that can be created include text, links, documents, pictures and video* widgets.
*Please note that videos need to be published on Youtube or Vimeo.
5. Add widgets as required. To rearrange the widgets, click on the three dots at the beginning of the widget and move it. Click Save after making all the changes.