This article will cover most common errors that appear when trying to add new hire to ADP and how to fix them.
1. ReportsTo/positionID is invalid.
Why did it occur? The employee's manager does not have permission to be a manager on the ADP side.
How to fix it? Admin has to give manager permissions directly in ADP by enabling the toggle ''Reports to'' on the manager's ADP profile.
2. Country should not be empty.
Why did it occur? The country has no data on the profile field.
How to fix it? 1. Fix on specific employee - add data to the missing country field
2. Fix moving forward: Make "Country" = "Required for Employee".
3. ADP Validation: You cannot add new hire. Contact ADP service team for more information.
Why did it occur? The employee is already in "In Progress" list (WFN) - The employee exists in ADP.
How to fix it? The client needs to finish the hiring process in ADP or remove the employee from that list.
4. The Worked In State field is required for processing a new hire. Please set up a default company option for Worked In State.
Why did it occur? Faulty set up on ADP side.
How to fix it? The client needs to set up the default values for Worked-In State and SUI/SDI for each company code you will be using.
5. ADP Validation: Financial Account/type Code is invalid.
Why did it occur? The routing number is incorrect.
How to fix it? Fix the routing number in the Direct Deposit form.
6. ADP Validation: Invalid Department/Company/Location/Business Unit value selected.
Why did it occur? One of the above-mentioned fields contains a value that is not in ADP.
How to fix it? Add correct data in ADP and initiate the manual import.
7. ADP Validation: Pay Frequency is invalid.
Why did it occur? Compensation frequency is either empty or incorrect.
How to fix it? Set up compensation frequency correctly.
8. ADP Validation: Tax ID is invalid.
Why did it occur? SSN is incorrect.
How to fix it? Change the SSN to the correct one.
9. ADP Validation: You must enter a valid Preferred Name.
Why did it occur? Some of the forbidden characters are used in the preferred name or nickname (/*'-).
How to fix it? Remove the unnecessary character from the name.
10. ADP Validation: You cannot add new hire XY because employee's information already exists under other name.
Why did it occur? The employee already exists in ADP. Most often their record is inactive because they are terminated in ADP.
How to fix it? Rehire the employee in ADP and initiate manual import to HRC. Delete duplicated profile in HR Cloud.
11. ADP Validation: File Number is required.
Why did it occur? Toggle under Setting -Integration - ADP -Setup - Tools - System Options - Payroll - ''Auto-assign next file # on new hires'' is untoggled.
How to fix it? Worker Hire requires an exact unique file number in the payload or the Auto-assign file number option to be checked. Toggle the auto-assignment feature.
12. ADP Validation: Regular Pay Rate is invalid.
Why did it occur? The discrepancy between salary, pay rate, and pay frequency.
How to fix it? Adjust one of the mentioned accordingly.
13. ADP Validation: State/Province/Territory is required
Why did it occur? The State field is empty/has the wrong data.
How to fix it? Fill the State field on the employee's profile.
14. Sequence contains more than one matching element.
Why did it occur? It is probably duplicated SSN or duplicated profile in ADP.
How to fix it? Check it and correct it in ADP.
15. You must enter a valid Personal Address 1 Address 1 value.
Why did it occur? Something in the Address 1 is not correct,
How to fix it? Fix Address 1 field (e.g. if state in address is Georgia try GA).
16. ADP Validation: Adp is temporary unavailable
Why did it occur? Technical issue regarding a setup.
How to fix it? Under Settings - ADP - toggle Create applicant in ADP for new hire. After that, you will find your new hire on the "In progress hire" list in ADP where you need to finalize the hiring process.