This article explains how to create and post a Workmates company announcement.
An announcement could be a formal public statement for an event, fact, etc. By default, only HR administrators have the permissions to post announcements on behalf of the company.
To create a new announcement,
1. Go to the Resources drop down on the top left and choose Announcements.
2. The page lists all the existing announcements. Click NEW ANNOUNCEMENT button to create a new post.
3. Enter a title, cover image and description of the announcement.
4. Select the audience for the announcement. There are four options:
a) Everyone - Announcement will be visible to everyone in the company.
b) Location - Announcement will be visible to all the employees in the same location as that of the author of the announcement.
c) Department - Announcement will be visible only to the employees in the same department as that of the author of the announcement.
d) Division - Announcement will be visible to all the employees in the same division as that of the author of the announcement.
5. Choose the date to publish the announcement.
a) Immediately - The announcement will be published as soon as you click the Post button.
b) Specific Date - The announcement will be published on the date entered. Until the post is not published, it will be in Pending State and will be listed under the Pending Announcements on the admin UI.
6. Click Post.
7. Once the Announcement is published, you can easily choose to pin it at the top so it can stay visible.
Your new company announcement will be visible on the Workmates company feed and Dashboard.